NY War Room: As the House Goes on Recess, Here Are 5 Tough Questions Nick LaLota is Hiding From
August 1, 2023
New York, NY – August recess is now in full swing as Nick LaLota heads back to NY-01, while continuing to dodge questions and accountability from his constituents and the press.
Here are the top five questions Nick LaLota has been running away from:
- Will Nick LaLota vote NO on H.R. 7, a bill introduced by extremist House Republicans to take away abortion access for millions of Americans?
- Why does Nick LaLota support the extremist Republican Social Security cut when 157,451 New Yorkers in NY-01 receive Social Security benefits?
- Will Nick LaLota support extremist Infrastructure cuts of critical dollars for replacing and repairing lead pipes, wastewater facilities, and aging infrastructure?
- Will Nick LaLota speak out against the Republican leadership’s lack of action with the impending government shutdown that will cause major disruptions for the day-to-day lives of millions of New Yorkers?
- When does Nick LaLota plan on holding an in-person, open town hall?
“Extremist House Republicans like Nick LaLota have long been able to evade accountability and ignore the communities they serve,” HMP NY Press Secretary Alisha Heng said. “LaLota continues to turn his back on millions of New Yorkers as he refuses to denounce radical MAGA extremist proposals, and voters will ensure he is a one-term Congressman.”