NY War Room: As the House Goes on Recess, Here Are Five Tough Questions George Santos is Hiding From
August 2, 2023
New York, NY – August recess is now in full swing as serial fraudster George Santos heads back to NY-03, continuing to dodge questions and accountability from his constituents and the press.
Here are the top five questions George Santos has been running away from:
- Will George Santos continue to support House Republicans’ extremist MAGA agenda to strip abortion access from millions of Americans, or will he denounce H.R. 7?
- What does George Santos have to say to the 150,705 Social Security recipients in NY-03 as he supports an extremist $183 million Social Security cut pushed by Republicans?
- As George Santos touts Bipartisan Infrastructure Law accomplishments, will he denounce plans by his fellow MAGA extremists to cut critical infrastructure dollars for roads, bridges, clean water, and broadband investments?
- After being exposed for falling short of delivering for his constituents, does George Santos plan on holding any in-person, open town halls or round tables?
- Will George Santos speak out against the Republican leadership’s lack of action with the impending government shutdown that will cause major disruptions for the day-to-day lives of millions of New Yorkers?
“Extremist House Republicans like serial fraudster George Santos have long been able to avoid accountability from the communities they serve while ripping away abortion access and Social Security and decimating infrastructure investments,” HMP NY Press Secretary Alisha Heng said. “Santos continues to turn his back on millions of New Yorkers as he pledges allegiance to his wealthy Republican donors and refuses to denounce radical MAGA extremist proposals, and voters of NY-03 will ensure he is a one-term Congressman.”