NY War Room: Nick LaLota and Anthony D’Esposito Silent As Trump Vows To Terminate The Affordable Care Act
November 27, 2023
New York, NY – In case you missed it, Donald Trump spent the weekend calling on Republicans to repeal the Affordable Care Act. Vulnerable Long Island Republicans Nick LaLota and Anthony D’Esposito have remained silent despite the destructive results this would wreak on Long Island and communities across the country.
Repealing the Affordable Care Act would bring about devastating consequences including:
- Stripping 135 million Americans with pre-existing conditions of critical protections – of which 54 million Americans would be left unable to secure health insurance.
- Leaving tens of millions of Americans, including 49 million seniors, with their prescription drug coverage scaled back making it harder to get their prescriptions.
- Deserting rural communities by forcing the shutdown of hospitals and health care providers as funding is pulled out.
- Leaving millions of Americans without access to free preventive care like cancer screenings, contraceptive services, cholesterol tests, and annual check-ups that will result in thousands of additional preventable deaths.
- Allowing insurance companies to artificially inflate the cost of coverage while enabling lifetime coverage limits.
Additionally, Nick LaLota and Anthony D’Esposito propelled Mike Johnson, who voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act and wholeheartedly endorsed Donald Trump, into the Speakership. The question remains: Will LaLota and D’Esposito stand up for their Long Island constituents and denounce Trump’s destructive crusade against health care?
“Nick LaLota and Anthony D’Esposito have already established their willingness to push the MAGA agenda, no matter the cost, and now have their sights set on a renewed push to repeal the Affordable Care Act that would strip access to health care from millions of Americans,” HMP NY Press Secretary Alisha Heng said. “MAGA Republicans like LaLota and D’Esposito are set on putting the profits of their Big Pharma donors over the lives of working class Americans and HMP is looking forward to kicking them to the curb in 2024.”